These guidelines are for Diane Morasco licensees, authorized dealers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Diane Morasco’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of trademarks for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Diane Morasco may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Diane Morasco trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Diane Morasco trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
Diane Morasco’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Diane Morasco trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Diane Morasco is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Diane Morasco’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Diane Morasco’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Diane Morasco trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Diane Morasco trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Diane Morasco. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Diane Morasco representative or submit your query to Diane Morasco’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of Diane Morasco Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Diane Morasco and its authorized licensees may use Diane Morasco Logos in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Diane Morasco Logo only as specified in their agreement with Diane Morasco and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Diane Morasco. For example:
Authorized Service Provider
2. Compatibility: Developers may use Diane Morasco, J Fox Ink, A Journey to Myself, Diane Morasco Williamson, or any other Diane Morasco word mark (but not the Diane Morasco Logo or other Diane Morasco-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Diane Morasco product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The Diane Morasco word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The Diane Morasco word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The Diane Morasco word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Diane Morasco product.
e. The reference to Diane Morasco does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Diane Morasco or Diane Morasco products or services.
f. The use does not show Diane Morasco or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a Diane Morasco word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: FOX CONFERENCE for J Fox Ink workshops.
b. The use reflects favorably on both Diane Morasco and Diane Morasco products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Diane Morasco word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The Diane Morasco logo or any other Diane Morasco-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Diane Morasco.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Diane Morasco, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Diane Morasco.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Diane Morasco’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a Diane Morasco product or technology may use the appropriate Diane Morasco word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of Diane Morasco Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Diane Morasco, J Fox Ink, Morasco Media, Diane Morasco Williamson, Diane Williamson, Diane Nicole Morasco, Diane Nicole Noelle Morasco, The Nicole Jerod Agency, Diane Morasco Enterprises, A Journey to Myself or any other Diane Morasco trademark, including Diane Morasco-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Diane Morasco Logo and Diane Morasco-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Diane Morasco Logo or any other Diane Morasco-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Diane Morasco such as a dealer agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use a variation of the Diane Morasco logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Diane Morasco trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: DMorAsCO JayFoxInc MoreAS-Co Media
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Diane Morasco trademark or any other Diane Morasco-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Diane Morasco, J Fox Ink, A Journey to Myself, or any other Diane Morasco trademark, including Diane Morasco-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Diane Morasco’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Diane Morasco, J Fox Ink, A Journey to Myself, The Legendary Salem Medium, Medium Rare, or any other Diane Morasco trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Diane Morasco.
7. Diane Morasco’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Diane Morasco packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Diane Morasco slogan or tagline.
For example: “An unsurpassed reading excursion!”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Diane Morasco trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “dmorasco.com” “jayfoxinc.com” “foxjayinc-morasco.com” “journeyselftherapy.com”
A Journey to Myself Trademark
1. You may not use A Journey to Myself trademark standing alone except to denote or refer to the Diane Morasco A Journey to Myself product line.
2. You may use “A Journey to Myself” in your product name, company name, trade name, or service name provided your name satisfies the following criteria:
a. A Journey to Myself is used in combination with another non-generic word.
b. “A Journey to Myself” does not appear more prominently than the rest of the name in size, color, or typeface.
c. Your name does not suggest a false association with Diane Morasco.
d. Your name is not confusingly similar to any trademark owned or used by Diane Morasco.
e. You acknowledge that Diane Morasco is the sole owner of the “A Journey to Myself” trademark and that you will not interfere with Diane Morasco’s use or trademark of “A Journey to Myself” alone or in combination with other words.
Rules for Proper Use of Diane Morasco Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought three A Journey to Myself journals.
Not Correct: I bought three Myself Journey’s journals.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. For a list of suggested generic terms see the Diane Morasco Trademark List.
4. Always spell and capitalize Diane Morasco’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Diane Morasco Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate Diane Morasco product names. Do not make up names that contain Diane Morasco trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Diane Morasco trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the Diane Morasco Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of Diane Morasco’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Diane Morasco.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Diane Morasco.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Diane Morasco, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Diane Morasco.
Depictions of Diane Morasco Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Diane Morasco does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Diane Morasco products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Diane Morasco endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of a Diane Morasco product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Diane Morasco product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Diane Morasco product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Diane Morasco product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Diane Morasco before using any photograph owned or licensed by Diane Morasco).
c. The Diane Morasco product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Diane Morasco products and on Diane Morasco.
d. The reference to Diane Morasco does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Diane Morasco or Diane Morasco products.
For further information with respect to Diane Morasco’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team.